Why choose AUSTRALIA ?
Australia is a Happy, friendly and welcoming country:
- It is 4th happiest country in the world followed by Canada, New Zealand and Sweden
- Australia is a beautiful continent which is well reputed for kangaroos, koalas and surfing and much more. The area covering 7.69 million square kilometers, which makes it the 6th largest country in the world in terms of area. Country’s population is about 2.41 million. Its prosperous culture and olden times are reflected in its Aboriginal inheritance. It is currently blend of vibrant cultures.
Quality of Education
- The country is home to over 1,100 institutions and 43 universities of with 7 universities are placed under the top 100 universities in the World
- Australian qualifications are worldwide recognized
- Variety of courses available to choose from
- Out of 50 best Student cities in the world, 6 are Australian Cities (Melbourne – 5, Sydney – 13, Brisbane – 20, Canberra – 22, Adelaide – 44, Perth – 50)
Work Permits and Residency
- On successful completion of studies, students are entitled to avail Post Study Work Permits in Australia and Country also offers Permanent Residency afterwards. While studies students are allowed to work part time and during vacations or study breaks, full time work is allowed.
- Australia has highest minimum Take home wages in the world. Student can earn by working part time to support studies and living expenses in Australia
Practical method of teaching and up to date curriculum
- Education system of Australia is majorly practice oriented so students get in depth knowledge of the subject which can directly be implemented in the industry.
- Course curriculum is updated time by time and on regular basis so students there can avail updated knowledge which is the need of job market
SELECTION OF UNIVERSITIES & PROGRAMS
Australian Universities have wide range of programs. So it provides opportunity to select the specailsed programs which suits students capabilities, interest, academic goals and financial background.
Quality of a program
Good programs contain academic training.Strength of the program is practical approachFocus on development of career pathInteresting program designCourses are separate or integratedList of requirement for admission.Admission policies and procedures for international student.
Selection of Institution
Cover theoretical and practical aspects.Optimum Tuition CostHealthy CultureLocation and ClimateRankingExperienced facultiesCampus placementsChosen field of studysuitable InfrastructureLaboratory and library facilityInternational Student assistance
Australian Qualification Framework
The AQF has 10 levels and links school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. This allows student to move easily from one level of study to the next, and from one institution to another, as long as student satisfy student visa requirements. It allows choice and flexibility in career planning. All qualifications in the AQF help prepare for both further study and working life.
Australian education is divided in 2 parts: 1. School Education and 2. Tertiary Education.
School education (primary and secondary) is compulsory between the ages of six and sixteen (Year 1 to Year 9 or 10). School education is 13 years and divided into:
Primary school – Runs for seven or eight years, starting at Kindergarten/Preparatory through to Year 6 or 7.
Secondary school – Runs for three or four years, from Years 7 to 10 or 8 to 10.
Senior secondary school – Runs for two years, Years 11 and 12.
Tertiary education includes both higher education (including universities) and vocational education and training (VET).
Following checklist can be helpful to you to plan your Education in Australia and start your studies on time:
- 2 years before your course start date (Maximum):
– Start researching on your program, destination, institute etc. well in advance so you have time to check everything and you don’t miss out any option
- 18 months (Maximum) (or minimum 6 months) before:
– Check the entry requirements of the course you selected to study – you need to check academic as well as English language proficiency requirements. And make sure you meet all the requirements.
- 12 to 14 months before:
– Apply for the institutes you want to study
- 10 months onwards:
– Check offer letters and make your decision on institute and program
– Meet the conditions mention in offer and accept the offer
– Arrange financial documents and submit OSHC
– Apply for student VISA
- 3 – 4 months till your course start date:
– Organize the accommodation that suits you
– Arrange your flight bookings
– Airport pick-up must be arranged
– Reach Australia and start your studies
Academic requirements varies in different universities. Average requirement is 60 – 65% marks in most recent education (Few universities ask higher than this and there are few who accept lesser than this as well)
As Medium of Instruction in Australia is English, student need to prove his/ her level of English by appearing any English language tests approved by Australian Institutes/ DIBP, Australia by achieving required score. Australian accepts following English language tests:
IELTS: 6.5 Bands required for Masters and for bachelors 6.0 bands
PTE: 59 for masters and For Bachelors 51
TOEFL: 80 for masters and for bachelors 70